This is my public blog which will chronicle all of my creative ons-goings and personal life fun.

Here you'll find pictures, How-To's, journals, reviews, and other such items concerning the activities I indulge in, of which include home-brewing of beer and meade, sewing, costuming, stained glass work, hair coloring, and much more.

Hopefully within these blog pages you'll find useful information to start your own hobbies, think about things a little differently yourself, or at the very least, be amused.

Go forth, be and create great things!

*~*~*~*

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cookie Monster!

So, tonight I tried an experiment. Prompted by an article my roommate found about a layered cookie bar, I decided to try and make my own.

It was, from bottom up:

Base Layer: Ghirardelli Brownie


1st Layer: Chocolate chip cookie dough


2nd Layer: Reese's Peanut butter chips


3rd Layer: Peanut butter cookie dough


4th Layer: White chocolate chips


Top Layer: Sugar cookie dough w/brown sugar


I put the brownie layer in first and baked at 350* for 10 minutes. I then took it out and layered the rest on, cooking for an additional 40 minutes. It was still a little gooey in the middle, but a big hit with everyone! Next time I think I might bake each layer 10 minutes at a time to help it solidify a bit more.

It spilled over the pan whilst cooking, so my friends and I dubbed it a "cookie monster", because it just kept growing. But it was delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment